Invest in our children’s future by supporting public education, and addressing their stifling college/university debts.
• We added $1.2M in FY 2020 to local education in Portland; $100M+ state
• We raised the minimum teacher salary in Maine to $40,000 annually
• We added $3M to the Maine State Grant Program (to offset college debt)
• Reviewing multiple bills targeted at the student debt crisis
Take care of our neighbors by ensuring we have access to affordable health care and long term options
• We made health care more affordable by accessing $700M in federal funds to cover prescription drugs, emergency services, and other protections
• We restored the Maine Low-Cost Drugs for the Elderly and Disabled program to cover an additional 1,800 Maine seniors
Create more employment opportunities to attract and keep our young people to Live + Work in Maine
• Helped develop a 10-year Maine Economic Development Strategy focused on Talent and Innovation to create a diverse and sustainable economy
• We allocated $4M for Broadband (more coming) and rural development
Bring bipartisanship dialogue back to the process by listening and respecting all views and finding forward thinking solutions
• We passed a budget that provided $130M in property tax relief without raising taxes. We increased the Homestead Exemption by $5,000, and made progress toward fully restoring municipal revenue sharing.